On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 17:30:17 +0000 (UTC), Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
Sorry I meant *uniform* distribution

Gruss
Bernd

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 5:58 PM +0100, "Bernd Eckenfels"
<e...@zusammenkunft.net> wrote:

Hello,
I am somewhat unclear, why would you require a random distribution
(Interface).

Who said?

Is there no better more generic Interface in RNG-API?

Have you had a look at
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/commons-rng-client-api/index.html
?

Having said that I still think j.u.Random is fine

Have you read
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/why_not_java_random.html
?

Why use a poor algorithm when using a better one is as easy?

- but if not maybe a
byte or int Provider would be better than a specific interface for the
random source.

I don't follow.
How do you define this "Provider" if not with an interface?

Gilles

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM +0100, "Jörg Schaible"
<joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:

Gilles wrote:

Hi.