From: Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 13 February 2017 4:52 AM
Subject: [DISCUSS] Scala at Commons

Hello,

Commons mission has always been to provide a home for common _Java_ libraries.
Since my personal and professional interests are slowly shifting from Java
towards Scala, I’m looking for ways to contribute to Open Source with Scala.
For this reason I’d like to discuss whether Commons could be a home for common
Scala libraries as well. For example I’m thinking about wrapper libraries which
add Scala sugar to the existing libraries. Furthermore there are some Scala
projects out there at the ASF (Kafka, Spark) which my be interested in sharing
code via Commons.

Regards,
Benedikt