BC can be handled a couple ways here besides renaming:

* Are there already abstract classes that implementations are meant to
extend? If so, that limits the possibility of problems here without using
default methods in Java 8.
* If these are truly public interfaces for users to implement, then you can
extend the interface with an extended version which adds new methods. Try
not to name them Options31 if you can help it.