On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd love to have a semantic versioning plugin like that which can suggest
> what the version number is for the entire project. Elm (programming
> language) has a tool like that, and it works rather well in practice (even
> though there are some popular libraries that are at version 5.0.0 already
> because of it).

The bundle:baseline goal does this (it's at the start of the report).
Having  frequent major version bumps is a good thing if they are necessary
and the libraries are small (definitely better than having breaking changes
without the bump).
It's not as good as having *correct* semantic-version numbers of 1.4.0 :-)