On 2017-09-20, Gilles wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:33:55 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:

>> How about dealing with the Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST header in
>> the parent POM and releasing that POM first?

> Is there a solution to this issue:
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RNG-31

I'm afraid Gary and you are talking about completely different things
(and either of you as well as myself should have changed the subject
line ;-)

Unfortunately I cannot answer the question about signatures for modular
builds, I'm not really a maven person. What I can say is that I never
invoke any "assembly" goal when I create a release, the signatures are
created as a byproduct of running "deploy".

Stefan