On Jan 13, 2018 6:33 AM, "Pascal Schumacher" <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
wrote:

Am 13.01.2018 um 01:31 schrieb Gilles:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 21:51:58 +0100, Pascal Schumacher wrote:
>
>> imho we should drop support for java 6 and make every component java 7+
>>

> Why?

Imho old java versions discourage contributions. Java 7 was released in
2011 8 (and Java 8 in 2014), so there is an increasing number of developers
who never used older versions. Why force volunteers to work harder to stay
Java 6 compatible when volunteering is supposed to be fun?

+1

Support for Java 6 (and even Java 7) is decreasing everywhere. E.g. current
maven versions (and maven plugin versions) required Java 7 (plugin versions
supporting Java 6 often do not work on Java 9). Current travis VMs do not
support build on Java 6...

My sentiments exactly! :-)

Gary

Just my two cents.