On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Bill Igoe <billi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking aloud.  'Math' is of course a broad subject and your goal of a
> solid all encompassing package is admirable.

I am not sure that is the goal of the projects here actually. Commons is
more about small re-usable components that emerge in a wide range of
applications. I think our goal is not to rival SciPy, or be a full service
scientific library like ImgLib2.

> Managing a lot of jars or packages is a pain for the none java expert. In
> thinking on the way python, R and other packages
> solves the 'issue' is by automatically  downloading dependencies.

Do you have much familiarity with Maven? Commons is built with maven and I
use it in all my projects as well. If you ask me maven is a very slick
package manager, easily to rival anything in Python or R, and one reason I
enjoy continuing to work in Java.

Eric