On 3 February 2018 at 12:26, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2018-02-03, sebb wrote:
>
>> I get the following failure with 'mvn clean site' using
>
> this is because japicmp requires the jar to be built, see the bottom of
> BUILDING.md

CP-42 was supposed to fix this by setting "ignoreMissingNewVersion" = true
However the fix was incorrect.

I have just updated CP 44-SNAPSHOT and it seems to work now; the build
no longer fails.
However the stack trace is still shown; that's a bug in japicmp.

Note that you have to define the snapshots repo locally if you want to
reference a snapshot parent.
This is because the ASF snapshot repo is not known by Maven.
It's defined in the apache pom which is referenced by the CP snapshot
which of course cannot be found until it is first downloaded...

To get round this, you can add a profile like this to your settings.xml:

    <profile>
      <id>snapshotrepo</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
          <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </releases>