> On Mar 8, 2018, at 12:48 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>> Then these modules can define "module-info" files, and an actual build will
>> prove that the dependencies are as expected.
>>
> As Ralph as pointed out, you cannot generate a module-info file without also
> using an MR Jar unless you also want to make Java 9 your base line.

I'm not sure whether we would want to do this in a Maven profile (certainly the
other way can work) but if not, we can use a Git branch for the purpose. In any
event, there is a difference between working with Java 9 for a GSoC project and
moving the component to Java 9.

Again, just to clarify, in no way does this project propose to move the normal
(release) baseline for anything at all. (As a side note, I would like to be the
first to argue against _ever_ moving it to the non-LTS Java 9, but I think I
will have to get in a long line of people who would argue against that! :) )

Adam Soroka ; aj...@apache.org