Hi.

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 21:09:56 -0400, Greg Driscoll wrote:
Hello all,

I'm a computer science student that's really interested in doing a Google
Summer of Code project working on the commons-numbers User Guide and
benchmarks. In Jira it'shttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUMBERS-70.

Thanks for your interest, and welcome.

The link to my proposal is here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i6yy2cW0x9MYbDOuLPdZrV0XA0eKO5q5N0SNg99mJfA/edit?usp=sharing

Looks good.
A few remarks:
 * There is no structure for benchmarks in Commons Math" (there are
   home-made codes used there for "FastMath" (that have shown that
   "FastMath is nos always fast...).
   Here the purpose is to use JMH. [There are examples in "Commons
   RNG".]
 * I'd suggest "apt" for the documentation format since it is
   somewhat easier than "xdoc" for tables (as the likely output
   of the benchmark project).
 * Don't hesitate to open JIRA reports for each task that may need
   interaction on the details
 * At first sight, script(s) to convert from JMH's output to "apt"
   would be welcome.

Please let me know what you think about it. You can reply to this mailing
list, comment on the doc, or email me directly.

Let's keep discussion on this list so that everyone interested
can participate.

Best,
Gilles

Thanks.