Von: Woonsan Ko
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. August 2018 18:35
An: Commons Developers List
Betreff: [vfs] new http4 provider, not replace http?

Hi,

I'm trying to contribute for VFS-360. What a nice ticket number!
After a brief look, I'm considering to add a new provider in a
separate package, 'http4' (based on HttpComponents HttpClient),
keeping the old one, 'http' (based on the old Commons HttpClient),
as-is. The reason is that I don't want to break any public methods of
the http provider package in v2.x range.

BTW, Apache Camel has a similar concept: http component with v3 and
http4 component with v4. [1]
A difference is we need one more equivalent to the old 'https', like
'http4s'. It sounds a bit weird though.

Any insights?

Woonsan

[1] http://camel.apache.org/components.html