Hi Matt,
Am Di., 21. Aug. 2018 um 16:12 Uhr schrieb Matt Benson <mben...@apache.org>:

> Do you have specific new features or deprecations in mind to accompany the
> bump?

I'd like to add some helpers for working with java.util.Optional for
example. There are most certainly more opportunities for new Lang APIs once
we have access to the functional interfaces in java.util.function.

java.lang.Objects and java.lang.Arrays also got some new methods in 1.8
which make methods from ObjectUtils and ArrayUtils obsolete.
I also hope that we can deprecate parts of the time package because in Java
1.8 there is the new date and time API.

Regards,
Benedikt