>Maybe I'm just not getting it, but it feels pretty messed up :-)

Mutual feeling, and +1 for consistency. From what I understood, users should be
able to parse these crazy CVS's, but if they tried to re-create them, with
comments, then they wouldn't be able to avoid the println/newline (so it
wouldn't be parseable later with the same reader).

We probably need a ticket for it to aggregate the discussion and maybe a
possible solution.

Cheers