Hi folks!
While fixing a deadlock in commons-pool I also stumbled across
System.currentTimeMillis();quite a few times.It's no biggie but I would still
love to get your feedback and experience.
If I remember correctly then one should use Sytem.nanoTime() in those cases.a.)
afair currentTimeMIllis() might jump back in time (on NTP syncs, etc).b.) on
Linux currentTimeMillis might be way more expensive than System.nanoTime();
Mainly depending on whether the underlying HPET is used (slow) or another timer
source.

What is your experience? Is this still correct?Or is this gone with new boards
and more recent JVMs?
LieGrue,strub