I've went through the list and pretty much the only ticket which was left to
really benefit from it would be the getMaxNumActive() (POOL-355).
But as noted there: after a bit of thinking through it I'm even tempted to
close it as won't fix. Having just a bare maxNumActive doesn't give you much
info in real production.
What you need is really a time graph with the currently active connections. You
usually don't care about just a short spike e.g. because the underlying db gets
restarted. What you care about is whether the connections are fine NOW and at
which timeframe they have been in a bad shape.

If you (and others) could also take a look on this ticket them we could go on
and close it. Which whould then remove the need for Java8.

That means I'm perfectly fine with keeping it java7 for now. Plus we also know
what to take care of if we really need to bump to j8.

LieGrue,
strub