Hi Rob!

Thanks for the instructions, and for writing them so well and quickly!

Removed everything from the imaging's dist area first as you suggested. Then
had a look at the new docs, and also at commons-text's pom.xml. Updated
imaging's pom.xml.

Then produced the local artifacts first, and everything looked OK. Then used
the next step to produce the staging repository. (did that a few times; first
time dropping a release and re-rolling a new one...)

And it's amazing! It uploaded everything, with no errors, avoided uploading the
.tar.gz and .zip files (sooo annoying) and also created the dist area.

Then closed the repository in the staging repo.

## Notes:

- The docs about the vote e-mail generation say target/vote.txt... copying and
trying to do a `vim /target/vote.txt` failed, and then I realized it's actually
`target/VOTE.txt` (nit-picking!)

- Also, the e-mail generated contained:

"We have fixed quite a few bugs and added some significant enhancements since
Apache Commons Imaging 1.5...."

I mistakenly left the bc.version to 1.5, but just replaced the occurrences of
1.5 by 0.97-incubator, and mentioned that clirr was to be ignored as this was
the first release of this new component (i.e. imaging != sanselan). Hopefully
that's OK.

- I forgot to tag RC2, so it failed with

The Git tag commons-imaging-1.0-alpha1-RC2 commit for this RC is fatal:
ambiguous argument 'commons-imaging-1.0-alpha1-RC2': unknown revision or path
not in the working tree.

I proceeded to tag the current release with `git tag -s
commons-imaging-1.0-alpha1-RC2`, and updated the text. My bad, don't think we
need to update the docs for that.

- Maven artifacts URL had a variable that was not expanded? Maybe I missed
something in my pom.xml?

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-${commons.nexus.repo.id}/org/apache/commons/commons-imaging/1.0-alpha1/

Fixed the link to point to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1395/org/apache/commons/commons-imaging/1.0-alpha1/

--

As this is my first release with this new plugin, and since I manually edited
more than what's expected in the vote.txt, plus forgot the tag... it's likely I

Vote e-mail sent, have a look if I followed the instructions correctly.

Thank you again!!
Bruno

ps: Will look for the Slack link again... I don't have Slack on this
computer... do you know if we have the link for the slack channel somewhere in
the website/twitter/etc?