Hi.

[Moving to "dev" ML.]

Le ven. 18 janv. 2019 à 14:26, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> a écrit :

> On 18/01/2019 12:14, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> > Hi.

> >> No problem. Can you also forward a mail you don't think you should have
> >> received? I'll note that for Commons the reporter, the current assignee
> >> and any watchers all get direct emails from Jira whenever a change is
> >> made to an issue.
> >
> > That's what I imagined: JIRA cannot of course know that some user
> > should be linked to a new subscription address.
> > But I went to the "profile", and there is no reference to which address
> > JIRA sends the update...
>
> Sorry to say this but Jira is working as designed.
>
> I checked that issue and you received it directly because you reported
> the issue.
>
> The e-mail address used is the one associated with the user you were
> logged on as (erans) at the time you created the issue.

The obvious thing would be to change the association
  (JIRA) user <-> email address

> I know Bugzilla has options to control this sort of email but I am not
> sure about Jira. Let me check...
>
> It appears not. See this Atlassian discusison:
> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Disable-auto-notifications-for-reporter/qaq-p/73985
>
> I agree with the view that users should just be added automatically to
> the watchers list rather than the separate watchers and notifications
> system.

Am I getting those mails because I'm on the "watchers" list or because
of the "notification system".

IIUC, the latter is linked to the "issues@" ML (?).
If so, I don't understand how those messages can be sent after the
address has been unsubscribed.

And if the "address-at-time-of-reporting" is stored somewhere, I don't
get why it cannot be changed.

> None of the solutions I can think of are ideal:
> - change the email associated with your Jira profile to one that you can
>   ignore

That's what I'm asking how to do, as I didn't see this possibility offered
in the "edit profile" dialog box.

> - filter incoming mail messages in your mail client
>
> I guessing the Commons community isn't going to want to migrate to
> Bugzilla to get better email control.

Seems better to just change the config wherever that thing is located.

?

> That is a (probably rather long) discussion for the dev@ list.

There now.