Hey all,

There was a recent thread ([1]) with a brief discussion about the
number of github updates that are currently ending up in the dev@
mailing list.

Personally I find that a little too noisy (especially since I get 2
e-mails for repos that I'm subscribed to), and it seems others also
don't like it very much.

So I'd like to throw out 3 different proposals to see what people
think. All 3 are used today by different repos, so this would also be
a proposal to make this consistent across all commons projects.

(1) Move all github notifications to issues@ (a la commons-lang)
(2) Move all github notifications to notifications@ (a la commons-numbers)
(3) Move all github notifications to dev@ (a la a bunch of others)

Another option would be to create a separate list for these, although
that's probably overkill.

I know I said I'd open an infra ticket for commons-crypto at least,
but not being in the PMC, I'm sure they'd have asked for PMC input.

Thanks!

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d210cf6c008d30d5e0ce105dc5f54dfb1e65c7a8df98a88b509669fc@%3Cdev.commons.apache.org%3E

--