Seems worth trying.

I suggest start with one project (i.e. Lang) and see how well it works.

I assume there will need to be a once-off change to Jenkins to switch
to using the DSL.

Note that some components have multiple jobs, e.g. for different OSes and JVMs.
Does the DSL support such jobs? Or is that still done through the GUI?

S.