Hello Abhishek.

Please take into account an important precision below.
[Thanks to Sebb for raising the issue.]

> Hi.
>
> Le mer. 3 avr. 2019 à 16:40, Abhishek Dhadwal <dhadwal1...@gmail.com> a écrit
> :
> >
> > Alright, I've submitted the draft sir!
>
> Thanks.
>
> > My exams are going to be going on for this month, so, I may not be able to
> > contribute as much as I would like to, but, what should my first steps be ?
>
> Collect reference implementations.  Compile and run those codes.
> Check whether the implementation is provided by the author of the
> algorithm, or an expert in the field.  Check for the availablility of
> expected outputs.

You must also ensure that the codes which you might want to use for
port is explicitly licensed as "public domain". The conditions are a little
more relaxed but it is important to note that not all free/libre OSS can
be included in an Apache project:
   https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x
[The point is relatively moot if you find a scientific paper that explicitly
shows the code/pseudo-code.]

Also, for only generating a sequence of reference values (see the
unit tests in the "commons-rng-core" module), the code need not
be Apache-compatible.
[But then, the port *must* be implemented "from scratch", i.e. there
must be reference to a paper that describe (not necessarily in code)
everything necessary for producing the correct output.]