I've been trying to make summary statistics class. I have some doubt. There
is a class DoubleSummaryStatistics in java.util package(There are two more
for Int and Long). I'll attach this file here.
Do I have to design SummaryStatistics in this way only? I mean, description
on DoubleSummaryStatistics is "This class is designed to work with (though
does not require) streams
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/stream/package-summary.html>.
For example, you can compute summary statistics on a stream of doubles with:

 DoubleSummaryStatistics stats =
doubleStream.collect(DoubleSummaryStatistics::new,

DoubleSummaryStatistics::accept,

DoubleSummaryStatistics::combine);"
Earlier my understanding of the project was that the user just have to call
the function "getSummary()" & all the calculations will be done
automatically in streams. but As we can see in DoubleSummaryStatistics we
have to call collect() method.
There are some functions like max, min, sum, count, average which are
already defined in this class. So should I extend this class in my class or
not? Also, I'll have to add more statistics other than max,min,sum for that
I have to override accept() function which will be used for  streams.

Warm Regards,
--
*Virendra Singh Rajpurohit*

*University of Petroleum and Energy Studies,Dehradun*
Linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/in/virendra-singh-rajpurohit

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&;>
Sender