I think it might be useful to try to work towards standardising the
order of sections within POMs.

This will make it easier to compare them across components.
(e.g. to see why one pom works and another fails!)
And should be easier to maintain.

In particular, I would like to move the developer and contributor
sections to the end.
They can be quite long, so they make it harder to read the pom.

Also to move properties near the beginning, as they are the most
likely to need change.
i.e. the main custom elements should be near the start.

I'm hoping that many poms will have a similar layout (probably many
were copied from another component).

Maybe start by extracting layouts from existing poms to create a few
skeleton poms.
Once a suitable layout has been agreed, components can be updated as
they are worked on.

Poms have a very regular structure, so it should be possible to
automate a lot of the work.

Thoughts?

I have had a look at the Maven Model [1] and Maven Code Style [2],
however I don't think they are suitable. The developer/contributor
sections are in the middle, which makes navigation harder.
Also the customised sections are scattered throughout.

Sebb.
[1] https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.6.1/maven-model/maven.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html#POM_Code_Convention