> On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 at 17:34, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Whilst http may be deprecated, AFAIK it is not forbidden.
>>
>> Creating a new logo for Commons that would contain
>> an outdated element does not make much sense.
>>
>> > Besides, it should be trivial to change it.
>>
>> Sure.  But as they stand, those images contain an objectively
>> undesirable feature.
>
> Not everyone agrees, please read:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18923?focusedCommentId=16914202&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16914202
>
> You wrote 'ruled out', which I took to mean 'disallowed'.
>
>> [IIRC, you corrected many such uses of "http://";.]
>
> As I recall, I changed the links to KEYS, hashes and sigs -- which
> MUST use https.
> That is quite different from using https for websites.

Is it better to have the feather not tilted?
Is it better to advertise "https" rather than "http"?

This was just another remark about how the logos which we
were supposed to vote on can (should, IMO) be improved
(on top of the foundation's preferences about the feather to
be kept untouched).

[This discussion is quite pointless since we are going to delegate
that work.]