I've started to try and get a release out on the branch to get the
Java module name in. Since I haven't committed in many years this
isn't going to be easy.

I've successfully pushed a small fix directly to the MATH_3_X branch.
I've seen something suggesting that branches can't be deleted, which
makes me concerned, although I was able to delete my branch. Can
branches actually be deleted on git?

I've tried to bring the branch up to date with the v48 parent, https
and so on, but would appreciate someone more knowledgable checking for
anything stupid:
https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/113

The build passes on Travis, but it doesn't look like the Jenkins build
is triggered except by commits on MATH_3_X itself. And since I can't
see the setup of the Jenkins build, I have no way of knowing if I have
actually fixed the Jenkins build. Am I missing something?

In general, are we pushing straight to "master" or using PRs?

thanks
Stephen