Gilles,

> I was not indicating that the name "EuclideanTransform" would be
> better than "AffineTransform", I was wondering about whether the
> class itself is redundant.

Oh, I misunderstood. The "EuclideanTransform" interface is important because it
adds the "applyVector(Vector)" method, which has different behavior than the
standard "apply" method. All transforms in the euclidean packages have this
method but it is not present in the core Transform because not all spaces have
associated Vector types (eg, spherical). I had renamed it AffineTransform in
the previous PR not because it exposed new functionality or behavior that made
it affine, but because it was located in a module defining an affine space.
What do you suggest for the name here?

> My understanding is that "Transform" can be documented as:
> ---CUT---
> In Euclidean space, this must be an affine transform.
> ---CUT---

That's part of what the documentation now says.

-Matt