Hi Gary,

I checked with dev team, we are not planning to backport the fix into JDK15.

Rgds,Rory

On 31/07/2020 15:26, Gary Gregory wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:18 AM Rory O'Donnell<rory.odonn...@oracle.com>
wrote:

On 31/07/2020 14:49, Gary Gregory wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 5:53 AM Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonn...@oracle.com

wrote:

Hi Xeno,

The issue is resolved in JDK 16 EA build 8, (JDK-8248655
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8248655>) which is available
on jdk.java.net.

Rgds,Rory

Hi Rory,

Thank you for the update. The latest Java 16 EA builds Apache Commons
Lang
OK now. We'll have to see when Travis-CI and GitHub Actions provide
updates.
Good to hear.
What should our expectations be for Java 15? That build is still broken
for
us, even with build 34 (latest EA).
What's the impact to you, we are very late in the cycle for JDK 15.

Hi Rory,

We rely upon Travis-CI and GitHub Action to build and validate GitHub PRs.

As for now, Java 15 builds always fail because of this issue. We've defined
these CI build jobs to allow for Java 15 builds to fail to provide us with
green builds otherwise.

But we do not know if a Java 15 build has failed solely because of this
single issue or if there are additional compatibility issues, without
searching through the build logs, which frankly is too much of a pain to do
for every single PR that comes in.

In effect, for me, at least, this means that I ignore Java 15 builds since
I know they always fail.

Thank you,
Gary

Rgds,Rory