That's what I meant; bug fixes will be included in normal releases.
It's actually fairly similar to how the Jenkins LTS process works in
that LTS releases are basically just points chosen in time to maintain
as branches for backporting security fixes (slight difference being
that in Jenkins, we "upmerge" security fixes instead of backporting
for maximum compatibility) while everything else continues to be
released early and often (though Jenkins does weekly releases instead
of every 26 weeks like Java, and our LTS releases are more in line
with Java's regular release schedule).

As to what to do about broken code from upstream? We can make a shim
utility class for detecting if the bug is present and selecting the
appropriate behavior at runtime, or perhaps the production code should
be updated to use the NIO2 APIs which work properly unlike the old
File API.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>