Standard steps for a Maven project in IntelliJ...

a.k.a. open maven pom.xml in IntelliJ as a project.

You should see a "Maven" tab and inside that tab see "Apache Commons Lang".

Then expand commons-lang->src->test->java->org.apache.commons.lang3.

Then right click or secondary click on the folder, then select "Run
'Tests in 'org.apache.commons.lang3''.

Tests will now execute.

Change the maven project name and java package name, the above steps
are the standard maven steps for importing and running any unit tests
in intellij.

See screenshot from mac... windows or linux might be different.

John