On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 16:56, Gavin McDonald <gmcdon...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Commons devs.
>
> As you know, the CMS is going away, we have been on hardware that could fail
> at any time, and this really has been dragging on longer than anticipated.
> So, we are accelerating the removal of any CMS related content.
>
> Previously you indicated that the project was no longer using the CMS. This
> is true in part, but there are still areas we need to move you off of.
>
> 1. https://cms.apache.org/commons/ - We intend to teardown this site shortly.
> As you indicate you no longer use the CMS, I see no issue with this.

Agreed.

> 2.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/commons.conf
>  - This refers to cms-site, but does not look like it actually uses the CMS,
> is this your new site build generation? Just to confirm and I'll leave it as
> is, or let me know if it is outdated and due for removal

Yes, it is used to build the top-level Commons site.

> 3. https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/ and
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/staging/commons/trunk/ - Both of
> these are still on what we refer to as the 'SVN area of the CMS'. We have
> around a dozen projects that I know that have re-worked their non-cms website
> builds to still use these areas for publishing their sites. It too, is
> deprecated and going away. We have a replacement SVN area in an adjacent part
> of the Infra tree.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/sites/$project is the new location. We
> will need to perform an svn move to this new location for you. To allow you
> to prepare please consider this email as 30 days notice.

Why are those SVN locations deprecated?

This will mean a *lot* of work for the Commons project, as most
component POMs have a reference to the URL, and there are probably
other references as well that will need to be changed. There are about
50 active components, as well as several dormant or sandbox ones

> Any questions, let me know.

Is it *really* necessary for the files to be moved?