Looks pretty interesting. I’ll be honest that my own data structure expertise
revolves around immutable persistent patterns rather than mutable ones, but
your class makes perfect sense as a mutable one.

Do you have any notes on thread safety?

While it’s neat that you’re submitting to the JDK as well, that sort of process
is fairly long term, so I’d imagine that Collections would be a great place for
it. If you’re trying to donate this to multiple projects, then Eclipse also has
a collections library that might like it, and Guava might like it, too.

—
Matt Sicker