Dear all,
I have an application where it would be useful to be able to get the
leading comments (ie. before the first record) from a CSV file.
I asked a question on StackOverflow[1] but I got no replies and as far as I
can see it's not possible.
I looked into implementing this myself and it appeared to be pretty
straightforward, since the CSV parser already pulls out the comments but
then discards them. It was also straightforward to access trailing comments
too. I created a patch with the implementation and a test.
Would there be any interest from the commons-csv developers in this patch?
I appreciate there may be reasons I am not aware of as to why commons-csv
doesn't do this already.
Thanks,
Peter

[1]: