Le lun. 5 déc. 2022 à 01:46, Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 at 22:32, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > Many thanks for taking care of the release(s).
> >
> > Le jeu. 1 déc. 2022 à 18:32, Alex Herbert <aherb...@apache.org> a écrit :
> > >
> > > I would like to release Apache Commons Statistics 1.0.
> > >
> > > Apache Commons Statistics 1.0 RC1 is available for review here:
> > >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/statistics/1.0-RC1
> > > (svn revision 58393)
> > >
> > > The Git tag commons-statistics-1.0-RC1 commit for this RC is
> > > commons-statistics-1.0-RC1 which you can browse here:
> > >
> > > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-statistics.git;a=commit;h=commons-statistics-1.0-RC1
> >
> > This looks fine ("<version>1.0</version>"), but in the
> >    1.0-release
> > branch, the "pom.xml" contains
> >    1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Strange. I do not see that locally.

Sorry, there must have been something in my command; I've now used
the (new?) simpler
$ git switch 1.0-release
and all is fine.

> [...]
>

> > Do we note somewhere what are the files whose names end with
> >    spdx.rdf.xml
> > (their purpose and how to use them)?
>
> In short, no. Perhaps a page on commons-site somewhere would be useful.

Certainly.

> These come from CP 54. There is no <skip> property for the SPDX
> plugin. But it does not fail the build like the cyclonedx plugin also
> introduced for artifact metadata in CP 54. I had to disable that one.
> You can disable the SPDX plugin using an invalid phase which I did in
> the RNG BOM to simplify the build for that artifact:
>
> https://github.com/apache/commons-rng/blob/9684d3992904ca51188d4491e164a0545f4f2126/commons-rng-bom/pom.xml#L82
>
> More info:
>
> https://github.com/spdx/spdx-maven-plugin

TL;DR but it seems useful, at some point (i.e. when we know how to use it).
Quickly reading, they mention several formats (e.g. json, yaml); why did we
choose to publish the least human-readable (rdf)?

> [...]
> >

> > > Release notes:
> > >
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/statistics/1.0-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> >
> > Contains the line:
> > ---CUT---
> > Download page:
> > https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-statistics/download_text.cgi
> > ---CUT---
>
> Thanks. I copied the newer Velocity template from Lang/Text. I missed
> this change (by only correcting part of the URL). It should be:
>
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-statistics/download_statistics.cgi
>
> I'll wait to see if any other reviews find issues. It is not a blocker
> but would be nice to correct.
>
> I am wondering why the module page on the site I uploaded does not
> render correctly. It is this one:
>
> https://home.apache.org/~aherbert/commons-statistics-1.0-RC1-site/commons-statistics-distribution/index.html
>
> Locally it looks fine (prettyprint is enabled for the source, the
> statistics logo is small). When I use the web version the prettyprint
> does not work and the logo is too big. Do you see this issue?

Yes.
Also, the main body of the page is shifted down; it seems vertically centered
on the left bar menu.

> I also had similar issues with the RNG 1.5 site when hosted on
> home.apache.org that did not occur on the proper dist web area. So it
> may be some set-up with the home.apache.org host that is different.

Odd.
But I recall that INFRA had suggested that we handle the web site(s)
differently, which we never did (IIRC)...