Hi.

Le ven. 3 mars 2023 à 01:13, Alex Ryu <alex...@vt.edu> a écrit :

> To whom it may concern,
>

> Hello, my name is HyoungJoo Ryu.
>
> I am interested in participating in Apache Software Foundation’s “Common
> Math” project through Google Summer of Code this summer. Especially idea
> #1: Redesign and modularize the “ml” package to enable multi-thread usage.
>

> I am currently a sophomore student majoring in Computer Science at Virginia
> Tech, and have a strong foundation in OOP especially in Java, and Data
> Structures and Algorithms.
>

> My question is that do we have to go through all the ideas in the idea list
> for this project or is it there for us to select one from the list.

One or more, from the non-exhaustive list there, or other issues on the
bug-tracking system or a new feature (that is within scope).
But the ML area is pretty large already, indeed.
Also, note that there is pending work on a relatively recent proposal to
refactor the "genetics" package that could be rightfully included in that
project.

> Also I
> am currently going through the “ML” package, and wondering if there are any
> tips for newcomers going through the package and is there a way to discuss
> my proposal with any potential mentors?

This ML is usually the right place for a general discussion (e.g. new
feature, alternative designs, ...)
Technical details can then be further refined in JIRA reports dedicated
to specific tasks.

> I believe that this project will provide me with a great opportunity to
> expand my knowledge and expertise in programming. I am ready to learn as
> much as possible and take on any new challenges, while making meaningful
> contributions.

You are certainly welcome to contribute here.

Thanks for your interest,