Le mer. 19 juil. 2023 à 16:03, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<elh...@ibiblio.org> a écrit :

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 9:53 AM Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > org.apache.commons.math4 and org.apache.commons.math3
> > >
> > > Although it's not easy to find,
> >
> > What do you mean?
> > Is it something we can fix here?
> >

> Probably. I did a google search and hunted around on the web pages at
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/
>
> Nowhere did I find  a clear statement that "To import commons-math to
> a project use the coordinates  org.apache.commons:commons-math3:3.6.1"
> or anything like that. I just took another look and I see something
> for 4.0 at https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/summary.html
> but that's not the first place someone would look, and that's only for
> the parent project. Not should the main website be for an unreleased
> version.
>
> I'd put this on both Overview pages and probably the Developer's Guide
> page at https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/

I think that the page one would look for is this one:
   https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/dependency-info.html
Unfortunately, the "auto-generating" script/template does not
take modular maven projects into account.
Rather than assuming a single artefact, the build should somehow
generate a BOM that would transitively fetch all the modules.
I think that Alex managed to do just that for "Commons RNG".[1]

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/commons-rng-bom/index.html