I'm trying to migrate an internal service for interpolation to commons-math
3.6.1, using org.apache.commons.math3.fitting.GaussianCurveFitter. My
thoughts on this method:

- The fit() function returns a double[], what the numbers mean is missing
from the javadoc. I can write the doc, but just need to know what they
should be. This is the quick fix, but I feel we should consider having the
method return a Map<String, double> where the key could be a descriptive
label of what it means. This would be in addition to the javadoc addition
mentioned earlier.

- Exceptions that are thrown by the fit() method ought to inherit from
Exception instead of RuntimeException.

- If the mean of my data is 1.54 and its standard deviation is 0.24, how is
the interpolation using the GaussianCurveFitter yielding 5.58, when all the
x-values differ by 1?

Many thanks for your help! -- H
--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using
*bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable