Hello.

As this list is shared among many (30+) "components" of the "Commons"
project, the "Subject: " line should be prefixed by the "id" of the component
(in this case: "[LANG] Pull request").  It is also nice if the subject line is a
bit more specific (in this case: "[LANG] Extend "EqualsBuilder"), so that it
draws the attention of the regular maintainer(s) of that part of the library.

Le mer. 27 sept. 2023 à 10:33, Marc Cappelletti
<marc.cappelle...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm a new contributor and I have a pull request:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/1114

Increasing a field visibility (in this case removing the "private" qualifier
of "isEquals") is rarely a good idea.

Wouldn't it be possible to add the capability to the existing class?
If not, perhaps via adding a ("protected") helper method or constructor?

> Is everything okay for a review or do I need to publish the link somewhere,
> like in this dev list? :)

For tracking purposes, please file a JIRA report:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG

Thanks,