On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 9:29 AM Piotr P. Karwasz
<piotr.karw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 at 13:45, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For example? The Logback PR requires Java 11. What else? Logkit? Maybe but
> > I've never heard anyone ask for that.
>
> The two OSGi PRs are important:
>
> * https://github.com/apache/commons-logging/pull/188: fixes a typo in
> the OSGi descriptor that prevented OSGi frameworks to correctly find
> SLF4J,
> * https://github.com/apache/commons-logging/pull/191: allows the
> `ServletContextCleaner` to be used with modern servlet containers in
> OSGi.

Thank you for providing specific issues to address and why they matter :-)

I'll cancel the current vote thread to address this.

> Piotr
>
> PS: Why did you choose 1.4.0 as version instead of 1.3.1, since the
> release contains only bug fixes?

We are changing an important dependency: The Log 2 version of the 1.2
API jar. It feels (to me) more important than a maintenance item.
OTOH, it is not a user-visible feature so I am OK with using 1.3.1
here.

Gary