Hi.

Le sam. 20 avr. 2024 à 17:50, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I looked at Commons Lang, Commons IO, Commons CSV, Commons BCEL, Commons
> Crypto, and Commons Text. All of the above do the same duplicate work.

For sure, it's an improvement to make duplicate configurations obsolete.
However, shouldn't we go a step further in harmonizing the repositories'
structure in terms of functionality?
For example, we could have a component ("internal" to Commons" dedicated
to benchmarking boiler-plate code (similar to, or within, the "Testing" project
which you had proposed some time ago).
As noted, IMHO a Maven module dedicated to benchmarking is preferable to
"mixing" with unit tests (e.g. only that module would then depend on the
benchmarking utilities).