Hello Laertes,

Thank you for your interest in improving Apache Commons Lang :-)

Do you foresee any compatibility issues for existing call sites and
format strings?

For example, can you make your use cases work and still support:

https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/d861f1b2116a41a45949d1401785220119a57e56/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/time/DurationFormatUtilsTest.java#L463-L473

Or, should these cases no longer be supported?

TY!
Gary