I know some graphics programs use the term "engraver" for code that creates
the output of graphical representations of things (like notes, staves, and
resets in musical notation).  Scribe seems like the textual equivalent.

If we go with the decorator approach then I think the underlying interface
should be SemanticAppendableDecorator.

   - Semantic because it describes what to do with the semantic terms like
   "paragraph", "header", and "list".
   - Appendable because that is what is wraps.
   - Decorator because that is what it does.