Hi Marcel,

The code awards list that Jaliya forwarded your mail to is an internal ASF list for managing our engagement with Google Summer of Code.

The public list for discussion of our mentoring programme is dev@community.apache.org, I've copied this mail to that list).

Our mentoring programme is not fully operational at this time, we intend to launch it once the Google Summer of Code is underway (a few months yet).

However, you can find out more information about the programme and how we imagine it will work at http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html

You'll see you've taken the first step already with this mail.

We're about to get very busy with student selection for GSoC, once the big rush is out of the way we'll come back to your case. In the meantime your best action is to get on the Axis mailing lists and discuss your project proposal with the team there.

Ross