Ross Gardler wrote:
On 1 Jul 2010, at 16:19, "Jean T. Anderson" <j...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
Ping -- is there energy to roll women@ into d...@community?

It depends on what kind of energy you are looking for. If you are looking for
someone to restart the women@ issues and those issues are about being open and
welcoming to all then yes, I believe there is energy here. For women specific
issues I certainly think this is the right place, but there is currently no
energy devoted to this.

I have infrastructure in mind, though, of course, the ultimate objective is to do exactly what you say. It would help it to rewind back to the thread in January [1] to which Bertrand responded:

When this PMC was created, the board requested it [1] to "take over
the stewardship of the community@ and women@ mailing lists", so I
think we can just go ahead, vote here to fold women@ into this list
and do it.

-Bertrand

[1]
http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2009/board_minutes_2009_11_01.txt

I want to make it clear on the women@ list that activity is moving to this community list, which welcomes their participation, in keeping with what you wrote here:

What I personally have energy for is ensuring that women who are active here in the ASF are appropriately visible. I have been told by numerous different women in IT groups that simply demonstrating there are already women surviving in our predominantly male world we will increase the comfort levels for newcomers, both male and female. You will therefore find plenty of energy from me in, for example, engaging women in the mentor programme. Let's make the most of our unusually balanced mix of men and women here.

I'd also like to see the wiki shut down. I removed spam from http://wiki.apache.org/Women/ this morning, and submitted a request to infra@ to make that wiki readonly.

regards,

-jean

Sent from my mobile device.

thanks,

-jean

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Jean T. Anderson <j...@bristowhill.com> wrote:

| I would like to send a mail to wo...@apache.org suggesting
| conversations that might "normally"  go to that list be rolled into this
| one as a central list to discuss all inclusion and outreach issues...
   ...Have there been any more thoughts on this?  --I think this is a terrific
idea....
When this PMC was created, the board requested it [1] to "take over
the stewardship of the community@ and women@ mailing lists", so I
think we can just go ahead, vote here to fold women@ into this list
and do it.
Sounds good to me.  When the vote starts I'll post a courtesy note to women@