Hi

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgard...@opendirective.com>wrote:

> I gave it in Vancouver and wherever was before that (Atlanta?). Nour, gave
> it in Sinsheim with his own twist. One thing that has remained constant
> throughout has been the interactive nature of the session, i.e. spend ten
> minutes setting the scene then guide the audience through the topic by
> inviting questions and comments from the floor (I really don't like
> "lecture" style presentations). Delivering a session like this requires a
> certain amount of "on the feet" thinking, as well as a few stooges in he
> audience to help keep it lively.
>
> The min theme of the session, as I gave it, is captured in a blog post at
>
> http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/apache-asserts/2012/05/apache-openoffice-can-i-depend-on-software-built-by-volunteers/index.htm

Totally agree with what Ross has mentioned. Having an interactive talk is
much more fun and more attractive to the attendees.

Ross, kindly, gave me a great chance to give this talk in Sienshein. The
only thing I added is to try to give a show case like scenario using the
attendees them selves. IIRC, Ross liked the idea but the case itself was
not a good example. He
mentioned some people made research in that area and they have a good case
using which the show can be better.

@Ross: I hope you still remember that :) as you promised to give me
links/pointers about that research

@Benson and @Hadrian: Good luck :)

> Ross
>

> On 13 February 2013 22:55, Nick Burch <n...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> >
> >> Ross I think you delivered it in Vancouver. Do you happen to have some
> >> slides we could use as a starting point?
> >>

> > Ross gave it in Vancouver:
> > http://na11.apachecon.com/**talks/19420<
> http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/19420>
> >
> > Nour gave it in Sinsheim:
> > http://www.apachecon.eu/**schedule/presentation/176/<
> http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/presentation/176/>
> >
> > The Sinsheim talk ought to be here (but doesn't seem to be....)
> > http://archive.apachecon.com/**eu2012/presentations/07-**
> > Wednesday/PR-Community/<
> http://archive.apachecon.com/eu2012/presentations/07-Wednesday/PR-Community/
> >

> > The Vancouver talk ought to be here (but doesn't seem to be....)
> > http://archive.apachecon.com/**na2011/presentations/09-**
> > Wednesday/C-Business/<
> http://archive.apachecon.com/na2011/presentations/09-Wednesday/C-Business/
> >

> > Ross, Nour - any chance you could add your missing presentation slides to
> > svn so they appear where they're supposed to be? :)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Nick
> >

> --
> Ross Gardler (@rgardler)