Short summary:

about 30 students attended despite the short notice, some want to apply now.
The greatest hurdles to
overcome seem to be fears of not being good enough and questions regarding
their student status that
is tightly coupled to their income (it's complicated here in Germany).

More details soon, I'm exhausted.

Uli