On 1/7/14 11:15 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 22/12/2013 Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> OFBiz is concerned as well. We have several components there and we
>> would like to know if a replacement solution has been planned?
>> https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/search?q=label%3aOFBiz
>
> Another round of Board reports, so I'm asking if there is any update too. The
> original post http://s.apache.org/hzJ stated January 15 as a deadline. So, any
> news on the following two questions?
>
> 1) Does the Google Code change affect Apache Extras?
>
> 2) Are there plans to make the lost functionality available in some other
> ways?
>
> Infra clearly stated that this is "a ComDev issue".
>
> Thanks,
>   Andrea.

If moving away from Google Code is desired, an option to consider would be using
Apache Allura (podling) and/or SourceForge (which runs Allura).  Allura has
importers for Google Code wikis, tickets and source repos.  For files, Allura
itself doesn't have download system, but SourceForge does (AOO uses it too) and
SourceForge has implemented a Google Code files importer for it.  SourceForge's
docs about it are at
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Google%20Code%20Importer/

Note: these importers currently choke on the extra "/a/apache-extras.org" in the
URL.  I'm sure that would be easy enough for us to fix if anyone wanted to
proceed in this direction.

I'm a member of the Allura PPMC and a SourceForge employee.

--
Dave Brondsema : d...@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal