Could I suggest a focus on making the release process easier? That
will benefit everybody, and serve as a platform for ongoing discussion
about releases and cadences.

It seems to me that we could make voters' jobs easier. This would help
get releases approved _in 72 hours_, to start with.

We ask voters to participate in a business decision by;

1. being aware of the ongoing work of the community
2. checking the signature
3. building and running enough tests to be willing to endorse that
release as a product of the community

At the start of this thread, someone asked: "If a trusted machine
validated the signature, built the package, and ran the tests, could a
responsible PMC member vote +1 on the basis of trusting the machine?"
After all, all many voters do is to run the tests in the package, and
if a someone has committed changes to denature them, the voter might
well not notice.

All of this should sit on the platform of my first point above: I
submit that a person who has been paying no attention to commits and
discussions has no business swooping in and voting on a package based
on the other two steps.