On 2015-01-06 19:15, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Hi Marcel,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl> wrote:
...Since the only official releases *are* source releases the
statement “source code only” probably applies to the source code
release, meaning that it should not contain any binaries. Since
convenience binaries are not official anyway, it might not make that much
sense checking them...
Yeah that's what I meant, convenience binaries are not Apache
Releases. The maturity model can point to information about the latter
but I would keep it out of the model, that should be as concise as
possible.

...Another thing we might want to do is to check if releases are really
placed in /dist/ ...
Also something that's important but does not belong to the core model IMO.
How about a compromise:
distribution of releases and source: publicly, in a _consistent_ manner according to foundation guidelines?

With regards,
Daniel

-Bertrand