Sent from Windows Mail

From: Roman Shaposhnik<mailto:ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Sent: ?Sunday?, ?March? ?8?, ?2015 ?5?:?33? ?PM
To: ComDev<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>

Last reply on this thread for today ;-)

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Joe Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015, at 05:09 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> As a title provided by a company, I would be against any title that
> incorporates the name of an Apache project. Red Hat, for instance, can
> employ (and grant the title) the "Fedora Project Leader" and Novell can
> employ the "openSUSE Community Manager," but none of the companies are
> entitled to give a title related to any Apache project.

Now I think we're really getting somewhere: it seems to be that some confusion
(definitely mine at least) stems from the fact of of who can actually grant that
title. The example of I gave with Brett -- clearly the ASF community was the
one bestowing that title. Now, quite contrary to the semantics game that Ross
was playing with 'what is an official title anyway?' -- I'd say that
at that point
it becomes one of Brett's official titles. Which means that even if there's a
*corporate* announcement of him doing an event he can be billed as:
   Bret, Developer at Apache Maven

Can we agree on that?

Thanks,
Roman.