Inspired by Rich's work on the meetups.com script I have just completed a
somewhat useful webapp. My initial focus was to address the two pain points
Rich identified with his script:

1)      Need to manually filter results to remove false positives

2)      Scheduling tweets

I tackled the first one by making it a crowdsourced thing (i.e.  events are
imported into a database and anyone can mark it as not applicable). For the
second I've provided an easy way to submit tweets to twitter and bufferapp (an
application I use for scheduling tweets, free accounts are available).

For this to be truly usable (especially item 1) we need to deploy it to a
running server somewhere. I don't really want to do that until I've put a rate
limit on the number of times an import from meetups.com can be performed (since
this is using Rich's personal key). However, it is workable right now and
personally I believe it already provides a significant performance improvement
for the tweets feature.

It's in SVN (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/tools) the readme should
be enough to get you going. It's a couple of Docker containers so you will need
to install Docker. I'd really appreciate contributions and will be happy to
help clarify anything needed to get you up and running.

Ross

Ross

@rgardler<http://twitter.com/rgardler>