On 24 June 2015 at 19:05, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <
ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Edited out private stuff and moved to ComDev list since we are now making
> decisions about Apache Extras
>
> To your options below:
>
> We've always said Apache will provide no management of this other than to
> make it available. To this end I propose we do b) (only the projects that
> are original to Apache Extras), which includes projects with no content.
>
> In terms of the name clash is it possible to provide a list of the 39
> affected projects? If so then we can prune any that are empty from that
> shorter list and attempt to notify the owners of the others. Failing any
> response asking us to do otherwise I suggest we add an "ax-" prefix to
> those project names (I am assuming this is just the project name in URLs
> and similar).
>
> One other thing that will need to be done once migration is complete is an
> update of DNS. http://apache-extras.com currently redirects to
> https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/
>
> Finally we'll need to read over the FAQ to update appropriately (I can do
> that) - http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/faq.html

After having read the mail from David (and still a bit chocked of the
wilderness) I too recommend b)

We should consider sending an email to all the other projects, so they
cannot say they were not informed (if such a mail can be generated).

rgds
jan i.